Masala brussels sprouts.
On the grill, brussels sprouts develop a charred crunchy exterior and a nutty soft interior. In the below recipe, Indian/Pakistani spices add an additional layer of flavor.
Masala Brussels Sprouts Recipe.
- 12 oz brussels sprouts (wash and remove any yellowing outer leave)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or peanut oil (or any neutral oil)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lemon
- Preheat grill for direct cooking at 400 degrees (medium high heat)
- To make rub/paste, combine all ingredients except brussels sprouts
- Precook brussels sprouts in microwave for 2 minutes. This makes them soft enough to skewer.
- Skewer brussels sprouts on metal or wooden skewers. If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for a few hours beforehand so they won’t burn on the grill
- Apply rub/paste to brussels sprouts
- Grill skewered brussels sprouts for 3 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle brussels sprouts with lemon juice.