Grilled Cucumber Watermelon Salad.
After grilling and smoking meat for weeks, it was time to change things up a bit. I ran across a grilled watermelon salad recipe in the book Go Kamado by Chef JJ Boston. Below is my modified version.
I was pleasantly surprised at the savoriness of grilled cucumber, pairing nicely with the sweetness of the watermelon.
Grilled Cucumber Watermelon Salad Recipe.
- 2 medium sized cucumbers
- 3 lb watermelon
- 1/3 cup of chopped mint
- 2 tblspn lemon juice
- salt (Kosher or Sea) to taste
- Heat grill to 450 degrees
- Peel 2 cucumbers and halve them lenghtwise
- Remove rind and cut watermelon into thick slices
- Grill watermelon and cucumber slices on the grate about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Cut watermelon into bite size pieces and cucumber into 1/3 inch slices.
- Mix watermelon and cucumber and toss with lemon juice and mint. Sprinkle with salt to taste