Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken
This is my go-to dish when I need to make something for my kids. The recipe lacks any exotic ingredients (so I already have everything at home), and a quick marinade seems to work well. Skewering the chicken makes it even more attractive to my youngest kids since they love eating food on a stick. I’m sure the sugar content (from honey) doesn’t hurt either.
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 1.5 lbs chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- Combine mustard, honey, olive oil, and salt with a whisk. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade to baste the chicken with while grilling
- Marinade chicken with the mixture for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the grill to 400 degrees (medium-high heat).
- Optional: skewer the chicken.
- Grill the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, roughly 4-6 minutes per side, although this can vary. Baste with reserved marinade while cooking.