Recipes for grilled corn often ask for the corn to be slobbered with butter. Although this certainly makes for tasty and decadent side dish, it adds allot of saturated fat to a vegetable that taste well on its own (in my opinion). Below is my method for cooking corn. My kids always eat it up, and guests are often surprised that I didn’t add anything.
- Corn with husks
- Peel back husks from the corn
- Remove the silk. Sometimes, I even leave the silk on since most of just burns off anyway.
- Fold the husk back into place
- Place the corn on a hot grill. At 400 degrees Fahrenheit (medium-high heat), it will take about 15 minutes to cook. Husks will get burned.
- Remove the corn from the grill and let it cool for a few minutes. Once cooled, peel back and husks and enjoy.